The summer is officially over and a new season is beginning, especially for recent high school grads who are now settling into college life. Thanks to technology, a quick search online can immediately give us lists upon lists about what every college student needs know. Lists are great however nothing beats hearing good advice coupled with personal experience... so are here to talk about the things we wish we knew when we went to college.
This new episode is not just for high school and college students. It’s for us parents, relatives, mentors who have influence in students lives.
- Give yourself the grace to let your faith develop and your beliefs to change.
- Kids have such strong opinions and beliefs when they go to school, guess what? They will change.
- Everybody is looking for new friends in college! Don’t be scared to reach out to others.
- When you get to college find your people.
- College is such a unique time. Take advantage of all that it offers.
- College is a great time to try something new.
- Don’t miss out on all the mentors, advisors, and professors available to you in college.
- Relationships lead to opportunities, don't miss out on either.
- Summer classes are a great way to get ahead in college.
- Temper the partying in college, it has so much to offer that you might miss!
- College - A lesson in managing your freedom.
- Boundaries are good. Especially in college.
- Be mindful of the things you care about.
- The things you do now as a High School student will serve you well such as routines and boundaries.
- It’s ok to be homesick, almost everyone is.
- 31 Things Every College Student Needs to Know from Pop Sugar
- 31 Things You Need To Know About College from College Bound Networ
Cru - Cru was originally founded as Campus Crusade for Christ in 1951
- 2,400 campus ministries engaging more than 82,000 involved students in the U.S. college campuses.
- Partnership with more than 2,000 churches and organizations to reach America’s poor
- Marriage and family outreaches, Athletic outreaches, and Ministry to military installations and communities in 50 states
WHERE YOU CAN FIND THIS WEEK'S HOST:
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We are excited to announce we have put together a Facebook community group for Slices of Life listeners. We’d love for you to stop in and let us know:
What would you tell your college self if you had the chance?
NEVER MISS AN EPISODE!
Subscribe to us in iTunes and Stitcher so you never miss an episode. While you 're there, rate and review the show. Your comments go a long way in helping others find us. SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter to get additional information and bonus content that relates to each week's podcast.