Elise and I had a wonderful time this year at the bloggers conference Allume. Not only did we hear a handful several of amazing speakers that offered both practical and spiritual wisdom, but we were introduced to a ton of great products that cwould make delightful gifts this holiday season.
1. For the Dreamer:
Personal Coaching Sessions - Have a family member that is at a crossroads and is looking for a little direction? A friend who’s finally pursuing that dream they have always talked about? Why not give them the gift of Life Coaching. At Allume we met:
· Carey Bailey provides “resources that will help you clarify your values, un-bury God given talents, and dream with you about an expanded vision for who you can be in this life.” She offers a free introductory session and has a variety of packages available to meet her client’s specific needs. Check them out here.
· Dixie Andrade provides a “coaching program that will help you simplify, map & take action on making your dream life reality through faith!” The first step is a FREE Envision the Possibilities Strategy Session followed by 90 days of making your dream a reality.
2. For the stressed-out mom:
3. For the child who loves to read:
The Growly books trilogy. Begin, Widewater, and Morning follow the adventure of Growly on a quest to find his grandfather’s long-lost friend. Written for ages 8-12, the stories will captivate children of all ages.
4. For the wannabe hipster:
Temporary Tattoos make great stocking stuffers. Armed with Truth’s tattoos illustrate Biblical truth through scriptures and symbols. They “last for up to 7 days and are ready at all times for you to be encouraged and empowered.” You can purchase a gift card here.
5. For the fitness enthusiast:
Shape What the Father Gave Ya™ with the Shazzy Fitness workout DVDs. With talented instructors and Christian music, these workouts are “specifically designed for real people who love the idea of dancing to hip-hop music that is both inspired and inspiring.”
6. For the fashionista:
The Noonday Collection is beautiful line of jewelry and accessories that helps those in need. It creates economic opportunity by partnering with artisans in the developing world to empower them to grow sustainable businesses. By creating a marketplace for their goods, they create dignified jobs at living wages. To hear their story check out this video: http://vimeo.com/85386347
7. For the Bible study girl:
She Reads Truth is an “online community of women who study God's Word together daily.” Their products include artistically illustrated study plans and journals for several books of the Bible, such as Ruth, Nehemiah, and subjects such as Hospitality and Advent. Also available are prints, postcards, and decals.
8. For the story lover:
The gift of a magazine subscription keeps on giving long after the holidays are over. Shattered Magazine is committed to telling stories that matter, stories of victory that forever leave a mark on its reader. This one might be a gift best given with a coffee mug and a pound of your favorite brew.
Hopefully, we’ve given you some great ideas for the perfect gift this holiday season.